Students transferring to Carlow who have graduated from high school within the past four years are eligible for scholarships and awards to attend Carlow.
Transfer Merit Scholarships
(Fall 2018 | Spring 2019)
We offer scholarships to outstanding transfer students who wish to complete their degree at Carlow University. Amounts are based on GPA.
GPA 4.0-3.85 3.84-3.5 3.49-3.0 2.99-2.5 2.49-2.0
Award $12,000 $10,000 $7,000 $5,000 $3,000
All scholarships require satisfactory academic progress [pdf] to be renewed. All scholarships require full-time enrollment for continued eligibility.
Scholarships for entry in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 have not been finalized. Please check back soon!
Transfer Service and Leadership Scholarship
Five non-renewable awards of $1,000 are granted to newly enrolling full-time traditional transfer students each fall based on an essay and activities resume that evaluates a student's leadership and service while in high school and college. Entry deadline is August 1.
Carlow Transfer Awards
These awards may be combined with merit/athletic scholarships and institutional grants as long as they do not exceed the cost of tuition.
- Legacy Award: Children of alumni (who completed a degree at Carlow University) who are enrolled as full-time traditional students will qualify for a $2,000/year award.
- Phi Theta Kappa Award: Full-time traditional transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa - with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 - will qualify for a $2,000/year award.
- Community College Award: Full-time traditional students transferring from a community college with an associate's degree and at least 60 transferrable credits will qualify for a $2,000/year award.
Carlow Transfer Need-Based Grants
Full-time traditional students may qualify for the following grants, as determined by need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Carlow’s financial aid packaging policy. Amounts vary based on need, with a maximum of $2,000/year per grant.
- City of Pittsburgh Grant: For dependent children of an employee of the City of Pittsburgh.
- Diocese of Pittsburgh Grant: For dependent children of an employee of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh or any parish or school within the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Courtesy Grant: For nieces, grandnieces, nephews, grandnephews, or siblings of a living Sister of Mercy.
Note: Because of the nature of federal, state, and institutional guidelines affecting financial aid programs, the information contained in this website is subject to change.
Carlow Scholarships and Awards, awarded to students at the time of admission, and Need-Based Grants, awarded based on the results of the FAFSA, are available to students who qualify for a maximum of four academic years or eight semesters.